TopBand: Two-Wire center loaded SWA antenna (total length = 60')

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Two-Wire center loaded SWA antenna (total length = 60')
From: N7CKD.ennis@mcleodusa.net (Dennis G. Peterson)
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 1998 10:24:09 -0600
Hi all;

At the risk of getting myself removed from this reflector due to stupid
questions; I will ask for information and help with regards to my W1WCR
Vic Misek shortened center loaded Steering Wave Antenna.  The antenna
is only 60 feet total length long and uses two coaxial feeders to the phase
control unit located in the shack.  I have measured the SWR on these two
feeders and find one is extremely high with VSWR and the other is slightly
lower with VSWR.
Since this two-wire system is a receive only system, is it imperative that
one should be concerned with the VSWR on the two lines?  If so, what might one
do to lower the VSWR?   I tried sending W1WCR who is now W1KK an email message
at his address of aol.com but the msg was returned due to some type of
conflict.

If anyone can help me out with this question, I'd be very appreciative of the
information.  I hope this is somewhat related to topband activity and not
upsetting the REFLECTOR GODS.  If there is another reflector where I can
obtain
this information, then please send me that info directly to me so that I may
subscribe to that reflector and leave this one at it's current status.

Thanks in advance to whomever can help and or reply; de still N7CKDennis in
hopes
of a callsign change soon to K0.