TopBand: Low Band Monitor

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Low Band Monitor
From: jack.sippel@nellcorpb.com (jack.sippel@nellcorpb.com)
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 98 12:35:38 -0800
Who publishes the Low Band Monitor and how can I get more information
about how to obtain it?

73 de KU0KU, Jack, Kansas City
<jack.sippel@nellcorpb.com>

Subject: TopBand: stratwarms
Author:  Carl K9LA <k9la@gte.net>  at NPB-INTERNET-MAIL
To: <topband@contesting.com>
Date:    2/6/98 17:58

George W8UVZ wrote:

<Notice WWV report included "stratwarm" which doesn't usually enhance top
band signals in northern latitudes - but hang in there.>

This subject of stratwarms came up a couple weeks ago, and I was in the
process of analyzing IV3PRK's 160m QSO data to the US specifically to see
if stratwarms affect 160m propagtion.  That analysis is done, and was
submitted to The Low Band Monitor for publication.

To summarize my results, I found no correlation between stratwarms and
160m propagation based on IV3PRK's extensive log data over a two year
period with his QSOs to the East Coast, Midwest, and West Coast.

The article provides all the details and the methodology.

Carl K9LA