TopBand: Major Storm= Good Topband ??

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Major Storm= Good Topband ??
From: dj7aa-wil@t-online.de (Wil DJ7AA)
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 16:44:39 +0100
Hy all of you,
my winterholiday starting with a very intresting night. After we worked a new
one with Bob TJ1GB very early at 17.55 coming later in the night again and try
some CQ. Good signal from Ross, 9M2AX, he was good 589 at his sunset.
Than tuning around and hear big signal from the caribean VP5/W8AV working a few
stations, he had a good 579 at 2343.
Than the band is going to sleep, tuning and calling, nothing else until 01.00
in
the morning, only EY8AM and UK8CK with their always good signals cqing.

After 01.30 i heard K1UO with a very big signal out from nothing working a SP3
stn, so i go at 1835 and try some cq myself, what a pile up...a lot of realy
big
signals banging in here, from even areas like W5 ore W0. I wonder what NA0Y was
running, I think he was the loudest ever heard W0 here in my place.
Interesting,
all signals having a little flutter on it sounds like aurora, and they all
coming in over my beverage to South America, about 3-4 sunits lower on my big
500m beverage to 320 degrees.

Also W7SE (WY) and K7CA (NV) finding me, so real a very nice night.
Some intresting stations like J3/K4LTA and C6A/N4RP also we was able to work.

After 03.00 the band goning back to sleep, only Bob TJ1GB appear and working a
big pile up. So, I was looking at the NOOA Hompage and saw a very big auroral
zone over the northern hemisphere at this time, WWV says Major storm...

So topband is very nice and gives even big surprises.

See you all in the ARRL-Contest

Wil DJ7AA