TopBand: QRM frequencies

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: QRM frequencies
From: w8ji.tom@MCIONE.com (Tom Rauch)
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 1998 09:59:12 +0000
To: <topband@contesting.com>
> Date:          Thu, 19 Feb 1998 14:29:15 +0100
> From:          Bogyo Istvan <Istvan.Bogyo@mdc.hu>

> Question: Is there QRM on 1919 kHz?

No one listens there.

>When I called CQ there, no responses
> at all. When I moved to 1827 - there was a small pileup of North
> Americans. What frequencies you do NOT like there?

Many multiples of 10 KHz are plauged from time to time with broadcast
mixing or harmonics.

During our sunrise 1820-1825 is occupied with splattering SSB
operators from W5 land. 1910 LSB is occupied by a group in W3 land,
but they don't bother much here.

During the early evening 1845 up is often occupied by sometimes
splattering high power ragchewers.

Those are the bad frequencies here in the Southeast.

73, Tom W8JI
w8ji.tom@MCIONE.com