TopBand: Re: John Deere boys on 1822.5

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Re: John Deere boys on 1822.5
From: w0yg@prolynx.com (Charlie Summers)
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 1998 22:24:30 -0000
Hi to all:

What we really need is some 6 foot 7 inch, 275 pound Texan to pay a visit
to these boys.  Maybe a face to face talk would make some headway because
everything else, even mailing a copy of the bandplan to them, has to date
failed.  Their encampement on 1822.5 really has caused some folks,
including myself, to miss or not hear DX when on.

I know an old timer, W0ZV - I forget the name but don't hear him around any
more, knows exactly what we out here fight with these guys.

An example is South Korea.  They cannot go above 1825.  So, they usually
always call between 1821 and 1824.5, right in that John Deere splatter.

I have heard them get downright mean with folks before.  They were semi
that way with W8JI this morning but JI's words did seem to have some
affect.  What with so much band available, I would hope they would move but
John Deere owners are a stubborn lot.  I know, I own one!

Good luck to everyone with the 9M.  I heard him for an hour call CQ this
morning between about 1030 and 1200Z but all he worked were a few JA
stations that I could hear.

73,

Charlie, W0YG..>>