No subject

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: No subject
From: Peter.Chadwick@gpsemi.com (Peter Chadwick)
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 1998 11:27:56 -0000
Tom says

>IS  THAT  ALSO  CHEATING?

to my mind, YES!!

I agree with CT1BOH, and like him, I don't have packet. I feel that with
packet, we get ever closer to de-skilling DXing: the other month, I was
after the BV1 on 160. I think he came back to me, but I didn't fully get his
callsign in the noise - so it don't count, even though I could reconstruct
the QSO from internet, etc.

But it's what you want - if you feel that for you personally, a QSO doesn't
count, than that's it. I have XZ confirmed from Romeo, but I feel that
doesn't count, despite what ARRL say - so I've worked XZ again.

73

Peter G3RZP