TopBand: Nye Viking Out of Range on 160

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Nye Viking Out of Range on 160
From: km1h@juno.com (km1h @ juno.com)
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 1998 17:38:52 EST
The NYE is only an L network tuner and has very limited
range...particularly on 160M.
A T network tuner may be a better choice in this instance.

If you decide on home brew go for 400-500pf on the caps; most of the
commercial tuners are pretty inefficient and use 200-240pf maximum.

GL  Carl  KM1H

On Sun, 22 Feb 1998 08:41:03 -0500 "Ron E. Schuster" <rschuste@one.net>
writes:
>I cannot get SWR nulled below 1860 Mhz on an inverted L antenna 170 '
>long.
>I am at max turns and capacitance at 1860.  Is there a simple fix or
>change
>that won't change overall operation?  Above 1860 it works fine.  It is
>a Nye
>Viking MV-B not sure of age.
>
>I also will pay for a copy of the manual and schematic.
>
>Ron Schuster  (N9RC)
>rschuste@one.net
>

>--
>FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/topband.html
>Submissions:              topband@contesting.com
>Administrative requests:  topband-REQUEST@contesting.com
>Problems:                 owner-topband@contesting.com

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]