TopBand: 9M0C Update & Web Page!

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: 9M0C Update & Web Page!
From: G.Mercer@btinternet.com (Graham Mercer)
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 98 00:00:48 GMT
Hi there ..!

Tks Bill for your update, posted between 1700-1800z this evening (Monday 23rd)
.... where you say that you guessed that they
would be active until their sunrise time ... All too late for me whem I picked
up my mail tonight.  This prompted me to dig into the
OH2BUA site around 2300z/23rd  for 160m spots, and sure enough, Gs and EUs
making plenty QSOs, with comments like "best
signal yet fm 9M0" ......!!!!

Not feeling too good about this here as, due to work commitments, was unable to
try them on Sat and Sunday evenings here, and
checked the 9M0C web-site on Saturday late evening UK-time and quote page 2 of
9 as saying " The group will stay fully
operational until around 0600z on Monday 23rd and will keep 10Mhz CW going
until 2400z, just a few hours before the plane
arrives to take them back to Sabah." ....

I guess the moral of this  tale, is dump technology, and rely on the old
fashioned  method .... This "best signal fm 9M0C evening"
had me sitting in front of the TV, after 2 nights at saltmine, missing the
chance for a 160m QSO, happy, well at least resigned, to the
thought that I had given it my best .... !!!

My pager number, for any late changes in plans is xxxxxxxx!!!! .... (I'm just
disappointed, and a touch disgruntled, more with my work
pattern than anything !! ... CONGRATS to all who made it with those guys who
did a splendid job at 9M0C in difficult
circumstances, but DON'T RELY ON ALL YOU READ ON THE WEB PAGES!!!)...
73 and enjoy (this obsession !) ...

Graham/GM4BES