TopBand: Re: [CQ-Contest] 160m SWL report

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Re: [CQ-Contest] 160m SWL report
From: kl7y@Alaska.NET (Dan Robbins)
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 1998 20:28:20 -0900 (AKST)
At 11:24 PM 3/2/98 +1300, ZL1ANJ wrote:

>Several ZLs were operating this weekend hoping to give the ZL
>multiplier to North American contesters...but it was not to be.

>1846.4 WB9Z    0736z (strongest) 5x9+5

>After numerous calls to different stations, a successful exchange
>was made with only one: WB9Z/ IL.
>Using 400w at this end -is power a factor?

KL7Y:
I heard this QSO between ZL1ANJ and WB9Z - but it was evidently WB9Z's freq
as he started CQing immediately after the QSO.  I went up a little and
called ZL1ANJ with no luck.  Eventually I called CQ there for a while and
got an occasional West Coaster, but never heard ZL1ANJ again although he was
579 when working ZED and the band was very quiet then.  Using 1500 watts at
this end.  So I guess it works (or doesn't work, depending on your outlook)
both ways.

                                                Dan KL7Y