TopBand: KZ5MM Noisy Beverage

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: KZ5MM Noisy Beverage
From: k7ox@pipeline.com (Gary D Elliott)
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 1998 18:22:19 -0500 (EST)
Earl K6SE might have hit the "Nail on the Head"  At the recent N7KQ
operation up in the White Mountains we used a Balloon Vertical.  It's base
was at 50 ft and the elevated radials 130 feet long ran off from the top of
the tower at about 45 deg angle.  Our Ja Beverage ran under one of the
radials and we didn't have any noise at all. The vertical was very quiet and
was used alot along with the four beverages we had set out.  From time to
time we experienced what we believed to be some electric fence noise and it
equaly affected the vertical along with the beverage.  However, the NB on
the Icom 756 took it out completely.  The noise blanker on the Ten Tec
didn't seem to help much.

73 Gary  K7OX