TopBand: Re: Echos

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Re: Echos
From: k6se@juno.com (Earl W Cunningham)
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 1998 13:28:06 EST
Jeff, K1ZM said:

The multipath ECHO I heard would seem to indicate a delay caused by TWO
PATHS though.  The AMOUNT of delay noted would seem to indicate one
signal
travelled FURTHER than the other I was hearing.
===================
If there's any explanation other than multipath propagation for the
echos, I'm all ears.

Did the amount of echo seem to change when you switched directions?

In which direction was the echo (lagging signal) louder than the leading
signal, and vice-versa?

The answers to those questions might at least help understand which of
the two paths was predominant, hi.

NL7Z's comments that sigs were difficult to copy due to the echos
suggests that both paths were about equal strength at his end.

It can be noted also that at this time of the year the grey-line
(terminator) is exactly due North/South, directly over the poles.

73, de Earl, K6SE

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]