TopBand: Aerial aerials

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Aerial aerials
From: afpgreg@state.me.us (Paul V. Gregory)
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 1998 11:36:26 -0500 (EST)
Top o' the morning Topbanders,

       For those with lofty ideas about using balloons to support antennas,
the unanimous choice of the half-dozen reponses to my inquiry for a vendor
was Edmund Scientific:

Edmund Scientific Company
101 E. Gloucester Pike
Barrington, NJ 08007-1380 U.S.A.     Phone: 609-573-6250, 1-800-728-6999

        BTW, balloons come in 3 sizes: 3, 8 and 16-foot diameters. Not much
balloon is needed to tote a reasonal sized antenna; the latter two lift
18lbs and 141 lbs respectively. A coupla 16-footers each taking 2,144 cu.
feet of helium could be the makings of an entire aeromobile
station--including operator!

        Thanks for the help, guys. This is a wonderful list!

        --N1ZRR, Paul
        (I'm not presently on the list, but email direct always welcomed)