TopBand: ZL3GQ's Passing

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: ZL3GQ's Passing
From: gtaft@voyager.net (gtaft)
Date: Thu, 02 Apr 1998 08:33:14 -0800
Very saddened to loose such a great, consistient DXer and Contester!

Peter happened to be my very first DX contact in April 1955 in the 40
Meter Novice band.  Probably was more instrumental in hooking me on
DXing than any other event in my ham radio existence.  I ran just 25 W
from a homemade crystal controlled rig to a modest dipole antenna.
Peter with those great ears, easily picked me outta the small group of
callers and gave me a start.

Over the years, thereafter, he most often was the ZL multiplier in
contest situations.  From top band to ten meters.

Had the pleasure of meeting Peter at Dayton a few years ago.

Ham radio and the DX community has lost a great contributor.  May he
RIP.

73  George  W8UVZ