TopBand: YB0ARA/9 today

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: YB0ARA/9 today
From: jon.zaimes@dol.net (jon zaimes)
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 1998 06:24:34 -0500 (EST)
Surprised to hear YB0ARA/9 calling CQ just after 1030z this morning. He
peaked 579 with some flutter -- always loudest on the JA Beverage though.
His signal actually started dropping  a bit by time he signed, down to 569,
and he came right back to me at 1034z, about 8 minutes before my sunrise. He
was transceive initially, then went QSX up 1 as he worked some others. I was
still copying  him till about 1055z -- 13 minutes after sunrise.

NL7Z also had a nice signal this morning, tho not as loud as yesterday.

FW2EH must be having some calibration problems -- he was on 18mhz not 1.8
when the band was open to the Pacific!

73/Jon AA1K