TopBand: 3D2 callsign switching this AM on 1828

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: 3D2 callsign switching this AM on 1828
From: w8ji.tom@MCIONE.com (Tom Rauch)
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 1998 06:32:56 +0000
To: <topband@contesting.com>
> Date:          Mon, 06 Apr 1998 15:38:31 -0400 (EDT)
> From:          K1ZM <K1ZM@aol.com>
> Subject:       TopBand: 3D2 callsign switching this AM on 1828
> To:            topband@contesting.com

Hi Jeff,

> Did anyone else hear 3D2CB/r changing callsigns back and forth to 3D2WC/r this
> morning at about 1039-1042z this morning on 1828?

Every time I heard him ID he was WC, but I didn't listen
steadily.

Last week about a dozen people worked him and called him CB when he
was clearly signing WC at the end of every transmission. The packet
spots all said CB, yet for over a one hour period he never once
signed 3D2CB!

> I understand that AFTER 1100z it was pretty much all 3D2WC/r..  Very confusing
> for those who worked a new one this morning though......

He replied to a lot of stations who were calling him, and they never
came back...they just kept calling.
73, Tom W8JI
w8ji.tom@MCIONE.com