TopBand: 160M intruders

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: 160M intruders
From: W2pm@aol.com (W2pm)
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 1998 07:25:18 EDT
In a message dated 4/7/98 7:12:08 AM Eastern Daylight Time, w0yg@prolynx.com
writes:

> Where are the 160 cops when we need them?

Its a shame the real cops went away 10 years ago when FCC started losing
interest but the real problem is the general lack of civility on the bands and
the lack of concern for the other guys interest -- the very thing which is
great is about ham radio - its diversity - is what is splitting us apart due
to this selfish, immature and uncivil behavior.  You wonder what kind of
social life and family some of these people have.

I think the only way to deal with it is to avoid on the air chastisement and
commentary and just show good example ourselves.  The real shame is many of
these inconsiderate people are not new hams.

73 Pete