TopBand: ZL1AMO Part Two

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: ZL1AMO Part Two
From: k6ur@lightspeed.net (Ron, K6UR)
Date: Mon, 08 Jun 1998 05:45:37 -0700
I received 19 replies regarding ZL1AMO & topband. It appears his
attitude is the main problem and like most said, the QSO rate is not
there so it will not generate the $$$.

A few mentioned an amplifier that was sent to him for topband and
somehow got "lost".

I won't even bother to waste a stamp on this guy.

Perhaps our attention should go to Bob, W6RJ.

When I was out on Penrhyn (ZK1XL-1984), one of the locals volunteered
to go up a palm tree to attach one end of the 160m dipole so I had a
sloper and worked into the East Coast. Propagation was not good on a
daily basis but if I heard signals I stuck around and CQ'd.

Thanks to all who took the time to reply.

Regards,
Ron, K6UR