TopBand: Drake R-4C for sale

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Drake R-4C for sale
From: nx1g@top.monad.net (Craig Clark)
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 17:25:53 -0400
I thought I'd float this to the serious guys before I post this to the
hoy-paloi.

Asking $350 UPS freight FOB ur QTH (US only.)

I have a Drake R-4C I bought a few years back. S/N is 25534. Condx excellent.

It has a 1.5 kHz and 500 Hz CW filters, Sherwood mods, realignment and
"tweaking" done by Doc Sheller. It also has the first IF mod done by me with a
front panel switch. I have also replaced the noisy third mixer with a
solid-state "tubester."

I also have a "less than cherry" MS-4 that I'll throw in free.

It has sevred me well but is rarely used. Would like to find a new home for it.
Felt the "top-band" crew might appreciate first crack before I put it out on
packet for the masses.

<bold>73 Craig Clark W1JCC

Radio Bookstore & Radioware

</bold>PO Box 209 - 47 Fitzgerald Rd