TopBand: VK6VZ - South Pacific DX Contest report

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: VK6VZ - South Pacific DX Contest report
From: kenkeeler@jazznut.com (Ken Keeler)
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 1998 19:10:11 -0700
At 04:19 PM 7/19/98 +0800, you wrote:

>......although N6RO appeared again with a FB RST569 signal towards his
sunrise, but still no luck....

Hi Steve:

Sorry I couldn't hear you and several others who called during my six hours
of CQing.  An electric fence made reception miserable here.  My only solid
contact was ZL2SQ at 0706Z.  Bits and pieces were heard of of several VKs
throughout the morning, the closest to being logged was VK3I? at 1256Z, my
sunrise.

AA0RS was active from about 08-09z and made a few QSOs with VK.  I heard
Tom's side of several W8JI QSOs, then N7UA, W7AWA and VE7BS working several
stations after 1145Z, but never heard more than a trace on my 4 SQ nor two
beverages.  Signals were way down from nominal in CA, and the fence noise
chopped off another 10 dB of S/N.  We'll see you as the equinox approaches.
 73, Ken the Alligator, N6RO