TopBand: RE KH2/K4SXT

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: RE KH2/K4SXT
From: n2nl@netpci.com (Dave Mueller)
Date: Sun, 02 Aug 1998 18:53:12 -0700
   I just got of the phone with Gus, KH2/K4SXT.  I let him know
some guys here on the reflector were wondering about him.
   Here's the bottom line.  He will be active here on Guam for the
next 2 years.  He lives on Nimitz Hill, and awesome location, about
600-650 feet above sea level that slopes dramatically off to the ocean
to the North (direction to USA/JA/EU).
   On 160 he has nothing big, but he is confident it will work well.  It
is
and inverted L, about 30 feet max height, with the horizontal section
sloping down to the north off the hill.  He has 2 elevated radials.  He
is
running an Icom 756 with an AL1200.  He doesn't have a beverage, but
he seems to be able to hear OK.  40 and 160 are his favorite bands, so
expect alot of activity on top band.
   After hearing about his antenna, and that the housing office works
for him
(so no reprocussions if I put up more wires), I put up a similar antenna
for 160,
but in a "T" configuration, about 30ft vertical.  I only have put down a
few
radials at the moment, but I plan to add to that over time.  At the
moment
Im limited to 400W output, but hope to have my Clipperton L working
again
by the end of the year which will give me 1300W.
   I also have put up a short beverage, about 250ft long, pointed toward
JA
(with USA and EU just 30 deg both ways off JA), it should help me hear
somewhat.
   Hopefully, between the 2 of us, everyone should get a good shot at
KH2.
He also is interrested in a future trip to KH0 with me to hand out that
country
as well.
   Hope this info is usefull,

73, Dave n2nl/kh2