TopBand: VP2V Trip Update

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: VP2V Trip Update
From: jfenster@pacifier.com (Jim Fenstermaker, K9JF)
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 21:18:49 -0700
A couple of months ago, I announced our upcoming trip to VP2V.  Following
is an update about the trip.

The Cinco Nueve Contest Group (CNCG), all members of the Willamette Valley
DX Club in Portland, OR are going to VP2V for the CQWW SSB contest in
October 1998.  The dates of operation are planned to be 20 Oct through 27 Oct.

Participants are N7MQ, WJ7R, K7AR, W7YAQ, N7NU, and K9JF/7.  The villa is
rented, flight arrangements made, antennas purchased and being tested, and
logistical arrangements and planning are under way.

During the contest, the callsign will be VP2V/K7AR.  The contest operation
will be a multi/single effort.  Before and after the contest, we will use
VP2V/our personal callsigns.  During this time, there will be a major
effort on the low bands.  Two of the participants have 5BWAZ and one has
DXCC on 160 so there is a fair amount of low band experience.  Rigs include
TS570's and AL80 amplifiers.

On TopBand, a Gladiator antenna + beverages will be used. On 80 and 40, two
phased verticals will be used.  Skeds and operating times will be announced
later.  We will also have internet capabilities so real-time skeds can be
planned.

More information will be provided as the departure date gets closer.

73 Jim K9JF/7
jfenster@pacifier.com