TopBand: 2 wire beverages

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: 2 wire beverages
From: miltj@aepnet.com (Milt Jensen, N5IA)
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 15:06:45 -0700
Dave,
        I have been using the 2-wire Beverages for 3 years with great
success.  I do not find any discrepancy between Misek's description of the
matching transformer connections and receive direction and what John has in
his.  However, my edition of Misek's book is the 1st.
        On page 11, Figure 4, of the Misek book Pattern A, seen at coax A
which is connected to the Tranformer A, the single ended transformer, is
receiving from the "forward" direction, that is from the far end direction
of the antenna.
        On page 7-15, Fig. 7-15, of The Low Band DXing book, the single
ended transformer, T2 is connected to the coax designated front (direction)
which provides signal from the "front" of the antenna as shown by the
front(A) in the top right area of the diagram.
        To me they are one and the same, and I have had no problems with
many of these antennas performing as specified.  As a note, it does not
matter which of the two antenna wires is grounded at the far end as they
are connected across the secondary winding of the push-pull transformer.
        Good luck with your project.  73 de Milt, N5IA