TopBand: Unun construction?

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Unun construction?
From: bohnovic@worldnet.att.net (John/K4WJ)
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 1998 22:22:58 -0400
Scott,

Why didn't you purchase the Unun kit from Amidon? It is model No. W2FMI -
KIT #U1 and retails for $28.00. It has everything you will need to build an
Unun including the theory of Unun & Balun, the Scotch #27 Glass Tape,
connectors, mini wire, copper strip, mini box etc...

You may end up paying this much for a Unun after you run around
accumulating all of the parts.

73..de John/K4WJ

At 04:41 PM 9/20/98 -0400, you wrote:

>I am needing some information from some of you 160 pioneers.  I want to
>build a unun balun for my new 160m Inv-L, most likely I suspect it will
>be 2 to 1 ratio.
>I am planning on purchasing a Amidon FT240-61 core for this.  What size
>and type of wire do I need?  Is #14 okay?  Does it need to be teflon type
>wire?  Can I use varnish coasted wire?  I have a supply of that type at
>an electric motor shop here locally.  If I need something special for
>this application please give me a supplier also if you can. I need your
>advise.  The antenna will be 75 ft vertical and approximately 60 ft
>horizontal.
>
>Scott  K8SM

>Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]
>
>--
>FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/topband.html
>Submissions:              topband@contesting.com
>Administrative requests:  topband-REQUEST@contesting.com