TopBand: Any sig into the Black hole yet?

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Any sig into the Black hole yet?
From: CRICHTON_MELVIN_J@lilly.com (Melvin J Crichton)
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 12:23:53 -0500
Seeing lots of 160 spots on the cluster.... Been listening on 160 using the
busted dipole (tornado in May), the dead beverage (tree fall in windstorm in
June) and my 20 meter vertical (still standing)... so far no DX heard in
9-land... and no W9 reports yet on this reflector.... don't want to fix the
antennas until the chigger and mosquito activity has subsided...

BUT.... If there IS DX out there (and I expect it will open here within a week
or two), I will spray down with OFF, dust myself in sulfur, and wade into the
deep woods to repair the dipole, troubleshoot the beverage, and shoot arrows
over the white ash tree to get the inverted L back in service.

But I'd rather wait unti the chiggers are dead.

Any sigs penetrated yet?

Mel KJ9C