TopBand: Great condx last night

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Great condx last night
From: anelson@dbtech.net (Rick and Angela)
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 13:37:34 -0500
All I can say is unbelievable.  I live in an apartment in west Alabama
(EM-63).  I was hearing DF2PY last night on a 50 foot section of coax
(shield open circuited) used as an antenna on the floor of the den.  No
outside antenna! DF2PY's signal was moving the meter up to S 5-6!  Noise
floor was S-3.  Loudest EU signal on the band by far.

Only while living on the east coast in Virginia have I been able to hear EU
signals this loud with an indoor dipole antenna.

W5, W7, W0 land stations booming in while they worked the EUs.  Funny
sounding rappid QSB on all sigs.

Can't wait to put up good outdoor TX/RX antennas at new QTH next month....
Still can't believe what I heard!

73, Rick WC4Q