TopBand: dx hrd/wkd

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: dx hrd/wkd
From: bazley@fullcomp.com.au (Michael Bazley)
Date: Fri, 02 Oct 1998 09:23:13 +0800
Hi All, 1035/1100z October 1st. It was great to QSO into the East coast
after about 6 months and there were some very strong signals. For those
chasing Gus, KH2/K4SXT, do not give up. Nearly every day that I listen on
160 in my evenings Gus is there trying to work into the USA. He was on at
the above time slot last night.. YB0ARA/9 was also QRV. This morning
2100/2145z condx very poor only decent signal was from YC0LOW on 1828.4.
Weak signals were heard from LA8YB, UR5EDX & 9A98JP. 160 can be a lonely
band over here in West 'OZ' and it does not help when one gets up before
0500 local!!! 73 es dx de Mike VK6HD