TopBand: fs5pl on 160 mtrs !

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: fs5pl on 160 mtrs !
From: k7zum@teleport.com (ken l. knopp)
Date: Sun, 01 Nov 1998 17:31:44 -0800
Hi all, our recent c.q.w.w. phone operation from st. martin was a
reasonable success, but most important of all, was one heck of a GOOD
TIME !! Craig, fs/n7kg made a little over 400 q's on 160, and
I,Ken,fs/k7zum made a little over 5,200 q's ! not to bad for a suitcase
dx'ped . But here's the important part, we went over to Lionels, fs5pl
place and left him with the 160 gladiator vertical with the tuned
radials, it is now, or will be mounted above ground, and to anybody that
has ever been to fs5pl's place, you know that there is really no room
for him to put up anything any bigger, as it is, he had to mount it on
property that is a house away from his qth. we also left him with a
couple of ewe antennas, and a magnetic loop for his receiving needs, he
should do well, and we hope that all you topbanders will be able to work
st. martin/fs5pl in the near future !   thanks de fs/n7kg and fs/k7zum