TopBand: ZS1X

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: ZS1X
From: Chris.Burger@Nanoteq.com (Chris R. Burger)
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 09:27:14 +0200
I had two email messages from the North American west coast, asking
about ZS1X and his powerful signal.  He was apparently active over the
weekend, and worked just a handful of stations.  He claimed to be using
a four square over salt water, thus explaining his loud signal over a
very difficult path.

ZS4TX and 3DA0CA were as surprised as I was to hear this, as none of us
had ever heard him.  So, I tracked down ZS1X and spoke to him on the
phone.  He does not work 160 at all.  I guess he'd know if he owned a
four square...

Sorry guys, you've been had.

Chris R. Burger
ZS6EZ