TopBand: 1830 Carrier and other QRM

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: 1830 Carrier and other QRM
From: btippett@CTC.Net (Bill Tippett)
Date: Mon, 07 Dec 1998 07:13:35 -0400 (EDT)
W8JI wrote:

>The FCC and FAA informed me that (due to pressures from our community)
>Gainesville airport AKA. FKV  has ordered a new transmitter!

Great news!!!  Thanks for your efforts Tom!

>One example of mixing is the garbage on 1855 kHz (the IMD does not have to
>be on the tens, with modern switching PA's).

While on the subject of noises, has anyone else noticed the wideband
noise down around 1805?  I seldom tune there but noticed it while
looking for XZ1N last evening.  From here it is strongest on my 30
degree Beverage.  I can eliminate it with a Noise Canceller which
makes me think it may be a local problem.

If anyone else has heard this, please reply directly and I will compile
a summary and then post it.

                                                73,  Bill  W4ZV