TopBand: Inverted L questions

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Inverted L questions
From: tadanley@mindspring.com (Tad Danley, K3TD)
Date: Wed, 09 Dec 1998 01:55:10 +0000
I am planning on installing an inverted L and have a few questions:

1.  As a connection point for the radials, radiator and coax cable, is
there any advantage in using a 1:1 current balun, or should I just use a
dipole center insulator?  The radiator will be an insulated wire run as
far up a tree as I can go vertically, then horizontally to another tree.

2.  I plan on starting with about 12 ground radials.  Is there an easy
way to get them to stay where I want them on the ground - like plastic
staples?

Any and all suggestions and comments will be greatly appreciated!

73,
Tad, K3TD

--
Tad Danley, K3TD