TopBand: Ewes or short Bevs..?

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Ewes or short Bevs..?
From: Josep" <ea6acc@tinn.net (Josep)
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 1998 21:56:53 -0000
Hi all,

I would like to know if somebody has experimented differences between Ewes
and short Beverages, say about 200-250ft long. Which one is best if some
land is available..? Better to terminate the Bev..? , and how about the
final resistor value for the mentioned length..? My Ewe system is working
quite well, but I would like to have opinions about terminated (or not)
short Bevs. to improve some directions.
Please, if any answer, make it direct to me, TNX!

73, Josep
ea6acc@tinn.net

PS: I will agree some information about noise cancellors (MFJ?), what´s your
opinion about it, and how it works. My Rig has a very simple receiver,
(TS680s) so the problem is that I need to improve it, filters, DSP, better
RX antennas, RX preamps, and the like.
Look forward your opinions.