TopBand: Re: [DXR] EWE antenna

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Re: [DXR] EWE antenna
From: rtym@ippt.gov.pl (Ryszard Tymkiewicz)
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 1998 18:02:14 +0100
At 23:56 98-12-12 +0100, you wrote:
>Gentlemen,
>no one has info about the EWE antenna?  I am using a vertical to transmit
>on 160, but to listen it is another story.  After two unlucky efforts with
>beverages (destroyed by farm tractor!) i'll try with an EWE.  It is much
>worse than a 250 m. beverage?
>Any ideas?
>

>Good luck in the pile-up de Paolo I4EWH

Hi,
I was trying EWEs and magnetic loops and at least in my case K9AY loops are
much better.They are not beverages of course but really help.I have now 200m
beverages to the East and south /FT5ZH HI/ and signals from K9AY loops is
weaker than from beverages but anyway its worth to try it.
They are working even better on 80m.

                         73 Rys SP5EWY