TopBand: KL& in Europe at 20 - 21 GMT???

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: KL& in Europe at 20 - 21 GMT???
From: john.devoldere@village.uunet.be (John Devoldere (ON4UN))
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 1998 14:00:42 +0000
The last few days we have been hearing and working KL7XX and AL7MR on 160
at about 20:30 GMT, with very strong signals.

I wonder if these were signals really coming from Alaska. At that time of
day only the extreme North Western tip of Alalska is near darkness.

Can anyone confirm if KL7XX and AL7MR are active on 160, and if they have
e-mail so that I can find lut about this most unusual propagation. Also,
where are these stations located.

73

... and Merry X-mas, Happy 1999 to all on this reflector!

John, ON4UN