TopBand: VP2M

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: VP2M
From: wimo-antennen@t-online.de (Volkmar Junge)
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 1998 11:50:18 +0100
Hi friends,
info about a crazy last minute DXpedition to follow...

I will go to Montserrat VP2M, from dec 21 to jan 08 (or so).
Decided dec 17 to go...
got the tickets dec 18...
Call sign: VP2MHJ issued today...

Will bring the usual equipment: 100W TRX, 50 ft. vertical antenna 160...10m,
PACTOR, RTTY, SSB, CW...
Sorry no SAT this time, as the airline would not be very happy with the luggage
required...  :-)

Will look for Asia on 20m / CW between 21:00 and 23:00 UTC.

160m split operation: 1.831 MHz 2 up.
Please dont get impatient if I will not show up on 160m immediately, the big
leightweight aerial is very fragile, can be mounted only during good wx
conditions and needs help by 6 people to erect.... and finally this is a
hobby...

QSL manager is DL2MDZ.
Any comments / infos / hints to  dl2mdz@hof.baynet.de  please, we will
(hopefully!!) be in contact via e-mail during the trip.

Please watch www.wimo.com, if I have some minutes left, I will prepare a page
with actual information.

'Fred' Volkmar
 DF2SS