TopBand: KL7XX

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: KL7XX
From: kl7y@alaska.net (Dan Robbins)
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 1998 03:24:59 +0000

--------------2EE7BAC738C

Just got a note from Bill, KL7XX, which I am forwarding to the
reflector.  There are several hams operating from the Alaskan Arctic,
including KL7XX, AL7R, AL7O, KL5E and more. Typically these guys work
about 2 weeks above the Arctic Circle on the North Slope of Alaska and
then return home for two weeks.  Hence, N5IA works KL7XX when he is home
in Anchorage, ON4UN works 'XX when he is up on the slope.  In the Arctic
they won't have sunrise until sometime in January, so there is no
problem working EU at 2100Z.

William Preston KL7XX wrote:

Just came down from the slope Weds.  We had our first opening of the
year starting Tues.  I worked 70 Eu Tues/Weds until I left at 1100a.  I
just talked to Brent, AL7R.  Brent has worked another 200+ in the last
24hrs (Brent has taken the retirement package effective Dec 31, 1999 and
is not afraid to leave his supervisor role and concentrate on 160m).  I
mention this because I can also copy Eu on my tri-bander at 40'.

Thanks again for letting me come out and visit during WW.

73 Bill