TopBand: Poor Conditions

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Poor Conditions
From: gtaft@voyager.net (George Taft)
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 1998 09:45:19 -0500
Hi Bill

For what it's worth from the Battle Creek low band gang (Charlie's
-W0CD, 30 years on the band and my 17), we found condx on 160 to be very
diminished during the dreaded "S" warnings.

We hardly ever get EU or JA openings during "Stratwarming condx", altho
we continue to hear our southern brothern (GA, FL TX etc) working some
of each.  Oh, we can scrape a big EU gun out of the noise from time to
time with weak sigs but not anywhere near normal NA/EU condx from here
during stratwarm.

And we haven't heard a JA in over two weeks in Michigan.

I've read Carl's report on his study of IV3PRK's log and find it
interesting but my own ears tell me over and over that condx to stns in
northern latitudes are very diminished during "Stratwarm".

Happy holidays

73  George  W8UVZ