TopBand: Re: Stew Perry notes

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Re: Stew Perry notes
From: JBaumgarte@aol.com (JBaumgarte@aol.com)
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 1998 15:26:01 EST

<<
 In a message dated 98-12-28 08:24:26 EST, CRICHTON_MELVIN_J@Lilly.com writes:

 <<  Maybe next year, when the contest is on Christmas Day...Aargh!  I guess
   I'll be there, and the family will have to deal with it. Gonna cost me
   plenty (in presents) to buy the contesting time.

 Is this true???   Surely it could and should be changed.  I had a hard enough
time with family commitments finding a few hours the day after Christmas, but
on Christmas, when, in order to be competitive, one would have to skip the
family Christmas dinner????   Come on guys, do we really want to be confirmed
as one dimensional geeks?  It took years for me to finally establish the
weekend after Thanksgiving as available, but this would be too much.

 Conditions pretty tough here--about 125 Q's--only dx heard (and worked) KH7R
and WB9Z/kp2 in about 4.5 hours--800 watts.

 John N0IJ
 Duluth, MN