TopBand: Stew Perry Contest

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Stew Perry Contest
From: n6tr@teleport.com (n6tr@teleport.com)
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 1998 14:01:24 -0800 (PST)
> In our local CQ Magazine the rules said the use of packet-cluster was not
> alowed, was it right or wrong...?

This is right.

We try to discourage the use of packet, so people have to stop CQing
some of the time and look for stations, instead of CQing and cluttering
up the band all night.

Also, the act of tuning the band, finding signals, and determining
who they are is part of the topband experience, and we want to give
everyone the opportunity to fully enjoy the contest.

There are some examples of non compliance to this rule and there might
be some actions taken by the awards committee.  Active use of the
packet system to get fills is one example of totally inappropriate
use.

Tree N6TR
tree@contesting.com