TopBand: No joy with ZL9

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: No joy with ZL9
From: n6tr@teleport.com (n6tr@teleport.com)
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 1999 06:33:18 -0800 (PST)
> I was stunned to read, in Don Greenbaum's bulletin #7 re the ZL9CI
> DXpedition, that
>
> "Our permit restrictions still are in place and
> we will not be operational from 1100 UTC to 16.30 UTC."

Well, don't give up yet...

I talked about this with Trey, N5KO, during the week before the trip.
There will be someone with them on the trip who will have the authority
to allow them to stay on the island overnight.  This could happen in
the WX is bad and it is too dangerous to go back to the boat.

So - be ready for the unexpected and it might only happen once.

73 Tree