TopBand: QTC from DF2PY

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: QTC from DF2PY
From: Dj6rx@aol.com (Dj6rx@aol.com)
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 1999 08:55:47 EST
To: <topband@contesting.com>
Msg #6217  From: DF2PY  Date:  8-Jan 0630Z  Subj: msg for top-band

hello top-band friends ! The transatlantic condx from central EU
saw us in dire straits.To me it seems that the summer condx were
superior to the winter condx on top-band so far.We did not hear a
beep from the 3D2 or T2 guys on 160,friends of mine spent every
minute watching the band.On random we miss the usual big guns from
the eastern seaboard.Relatively rare openings to the Rocky Mountain
Division and barely a handfull of west coast wkd this season.
This is not the hottest of all seasons ! That tells us we need more,
better and higher antennas (hi).But lets keep good spirits up and
praise the big Manitou for  quiet mag-field cndx.I want to take the
chance here to apologize to my nearby 160m users for the phase-noise
that i generate with my TS-940s.Sorry I am well aware of the problem.
But my FT 1000 is in repair and after 4 weeks in the shop my local
Yaesu dealer told me that it will take another 6 weeks to get the
spare part (HF-output xfrmr) and put it in ! That looks like a
fantastic approach to customer satisfaction to me,because i believe
they will hand-carve that piece from luxurious Redwood for me.
That of course takes time.Happy new year folks -see u on 160-
73 de wolf -df2py-
(DJ6RX) de DB0SPC-8    8-Jan 0634Z >