TopBand: VP8CRB - more news about Falklands

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: VP8CRB - more news about Falklands
From: bernie@dailydx.com (Bernie McClenny)
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 00:48:11 -0800
Bernie,
Good to work you last night on 160M.  The Beverage
pointed that way definitely helped.  Please get
this added info to the Topband guys.

The 160 meter loop and Beverage errected at the
Loran site here in Stanley will remain in place
after my VP8CRB operation.  Mario VP8ALJ who now
owns the towers wants to leave them in place.   His
friend Alex (XQ8ABF I think) from Punta Arenas,
Chile plans to be over here at the end of the month
to operate the CQWW 160 contest.  Many of you may
be familiar with Alex who has used XQ8 special
calls to operate contests from his ranch on Tierra
del Fuego.

We had a good opening last night and I now have
over 120 topband contacts in the log.  I will
continue to spend limited time on 160 meters at
0300Z, but need to spend more time on the other low
bands.  I hope we have a couple more good openings
like last night.
Best 73,
Jan K4QD  (VP8CRB)

--