TopBand: EL2WW News

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: EL2WW News
From: gpenny@village.uunet.be (Ghis Penny)
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 1999 14:29:14 +0100

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01BE4225.C1E53600

Hi all,

Unfortunately, after performing well for 3 days and already after one
nice opening into North America on 160m, the linear amp Mark has with
him failed. It happened when he was in SSB on 17m, just with about 400
wtts out! Some flashes and it went dead. There's no back up at all
locally and Mark is only due back home in March. After it happened he
has already heard more US and JA's on 160 but he can't get himself heard
with his low power. I talked to him this morning on 15m and he is very
disappointed cause he wanted to clean up all the demand for EL on the
low bands. Anybody can help with 4 power mosfet's for an Ameritron
ALS-600 ? Mark gets DHL over there. Or anybody has experienced to same
problem ? Would like to know what caused it ? Pse reply direct to my
e-mail address. Sorry for the bad news !!!
73, Ghis-ON5NT