TopBand: Palestine

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Palestine
From: bernie@dailydx.com (Bernie McClenny)
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 1999 13:10:42 -0800
E4 - Palestine news -
I will be leaving midday Sunday, 14 February, 1999 for Gaza, Palestine
and expect to be there sometime late on 15 February.  Plans are to meet
Martti, OH2BH, Pekka, OH1RY, and Pekka, OH2TA at the airport and then
head for the Palestine Hotel. Thanks to our local Palestinian
counterparts we will be able to operate with the E4 prefix shortly after
our arrival and set up.   Sami, E44B, and Ali, E44A, are now on the air
and we are looking forward to joining them in this new DXCC counter.  We
will be working closely with the IARV to prevent interference amongst
all E4 activity.

For the first few days of operation, we will concentrate on the most
productive bands.  Look for us to be active on CW and SSB.  Call signs,
QSL routes and other details will be released soon.  Tim Totten, N4GN,
will be releasing future information which will go out to the normal DX
reflectors and to all subscribers of The Daily DX."

Bernie McClenny, W3UR

At this time I do not know if we will be on 160 meters.  I am including
the Topband reflector just so you know what is going on.
--
Bernie McClenny, W3UR (ex WR3E, WB3JRU)
Editor of The Daily DX