TopBand: Great Condx March 16

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Great Condx March 16
From: jkjones@fn.net (Jon K. Jones)
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 1999 00:55:15 -0600
Enhanced conditions to southern Europe March 16. CT3/DJ7RJ
was the loudest I have heard this station  - a true 579 at 0544 utc
and gave my 100 watts a 559.

Heard a large pileup up 1 KHz calling and found W0FLS
working EA6ACC. EA6ACC was even louder than the CT3 and
peaked 589 around 0550 utc. A number of 5s and zeros made
the grade with Texas having the best path. He stood by for W6s
and W7s and seemed to hear bits and pieces of W7LR but no
QSO. Bob might have made it but some kept calling even when
EA6ACC asked "PSE W7" only.  I couldn't crack the pileup, either,
during the times he asked for all callers.
The last stations worked were NA0Y and W5UN, then he dropped
rapidly into the noise. EA6ACC this morning was one of the loudest
Europeans I have EVER heard on 160.
The A index was 13 and the K was zero at 0600 utc.
73,
Jon N0JK Kansas