R: Topband: Condx

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: R: Topband: Condx
From: luisprk@tin.it (Luis Mansutti IV3PRK)
Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 22:02:44 +0200
HI Greg !
yes condx are really lousy: the band has been absolutaly dead the last week!
I am still regularly calling CQ DX (Pacific) every evening on 1.830.5
between 19.00 - 19.30 z  (the last QSO's have been ZL2REX on May 4th and
P29VR on May 8th) and around 03.00 - 03.30 z on 1.832 (but nobody else
worked or heard this month from NA other than Jack, VE1ZZ).
The only South American heard has been PY7AB on April 30th at 23.30 z, while
from the other side VQ9DX has been putting a great signal almost every
night, until may the 8th; nothing else from Africa, Greg, execpt EL2WW heard
on may 3rd at 21.00 z calling CQ with a weak 449 signal!
The month of may has been always the poorest of the year, but anyway I am
trying to keep the band alive from my side, and will do for all the
summer...thunderstorms permitting!
Best 73 Greg and CUL on the air.

Luis, IV3PRK