Topband: "NOT IN LOG"

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: "NOT IN LOG"
From: earlham@radiks.net (Iowaguy)
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 21:49:37 -0500

>After reading Bernie's W3UR article in the July issue of QST, I was
>reminded of a similar experience, and still ongoing I might add, with . . .
. .

I read Bernie's article today with interest.  However, I am confounded as to
how verifying that W3UA was not really the station worked proves that it was
W3UR as the station that was worked.  Furthermore, how would the procedure
described in the article work if W3UA had been a non-issued call?  I guess
it's nice if you have the time and resources to try to twist the QSL
manager's arm to issue a card because they only came close to getting your
call.

However, if you/re not in the log, then you're not in the log (and I've not
been there my share of times over the years).  I don't think it's realistic
or even reasonable to expect a card. . . if you get one, consider yourself
very lucky.

Respectfully and 73 to all. . . Dave
W0FLS