Topband: ON4UBA/B

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: ON4UBA/B
From: gregsmith@futuredbn.co.za (Greg, ZS5K)
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 08:09:07 +0200
Heard the above at 559, 0315 -0330 this morning.  Sent space, carrier,
ON4UBA/B etc., repeating about every 30 s, on 1831.5.

Anyone know anything about ON4UBA?  Sounds like a club station or something.
University of Belgium - Antwerp??? Buckmaster gives:-

UBA
CHEE DE VLEURGAT 80
1050 IXELLES,

Country of License: BELGIUM

No E-mail available.

In my opinion, Topband beacons are a good idea.  I was pleased to hear that
the band was open to Eu, even though Eu was fast asleep.  I don't think that
1831.5 is a good choice of freq, though.  Rather go to the top or bottom of
the band, out of the way of intercontinental QSO's

73, Greg, ZS5K