Topband: More 3 el phasing

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: More 3 el phasing
From: df2py@t-online.de (DF2PY)
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 1999 17:18:12 +0200
Hello fellow top-banders!

Today I put more time into empiric phasing research with my 2m scaled
test-array.

Thanks to John, K9UWA, I was able to set up a new computerdesigned phasing
network.  With Wilkinson dividers and lag-lines I realized a phase and
amplitude
control to all 3 elements.  It worked okay but the gain did not reach the
expectations.

Finally, after lot of alterations with no major improvement, I set up the old
fashion design with a center fed element, a front capacitor-tuned director
and a
rear L-tuned reflector.  That at least provided 5 dB over the vertical, with
precise tuning it may get to 6dB.  Tomorrow I will try this on the real array
and will report on the "in the field" measurements.  Then I will include the F/B
ratio as well, but that takes a lot of field-measuring.  Any suggestions are
greatly appreciated!

See u on top-band    de  wolf-df2py