Topband: Bye bye Birdy!

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Bye bye Birdy!
From: RandyMartn@aol.com (RandyMartn@aol.com)
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 00:03:26 EDT
Well, I assumed it was an AM broadcast birdy on 1825, but Hardy N7RT assured
me that was not possible.  He said that intermod products would only occur on
even multiples of 10 Khz.  Sure enough, after checking all the computer
monitors in the house as he suggested, I found the culprit!

Several top band subscribers have sent me mail thanking me for asking the T31
to move because they have the same birdy problem.  Check your computer
monitors, guys.  You may find the problem is as easy to get rid of as a flip
of a switch.  That's the quick fix while DX is on 1825 anyway!

BTW, Matts didn't mention times for operation, but according to DX summit
spots, they've been on the past two nights between 10Z and 12Z.  He did say
that a local storm has been passing through causing quite a bit of QRN.

Good luck!
Randy K0EU