Topband: ZK3CW

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: ZK3CW
From: goodmancpa@enter.net (William N. Goodman, CPA)
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 11:10:17 -0400
I patiently waited for ZK3CW on top band October 13, but they arrived an
hour too late, past their peak.  They had been 599 on 80 CW for about an
hour QSYing to 160 after dawn.  So no QSO for me in Eastern PA.  On October
11, I had S 9 QRN which drowned them out, so I could not make a good QSO,
even though they seemed strong under my QRN.  They did not show on Oct 12,
although the conditions were good and I had little QRN.  What a
disappointment!  Many top band fans expected a better schedule for
operation.  They were on 160 just the right time for K8 and K9 on Oct. 13.
I hope someone who knows 160 propagation better goes there soon.  .  Any 160
DX pedition should time its 160 operation to be on the band one hour before
sunrise in VE1ZZ's land, then stay there until dawn in California.  I heard
huge pile ups of frustrated callers.

ZK2ZL told me they had no 160 antennas, but they are going to A3 next week
and will be on 160.

73, Bill, K3ANS